home about popcosmo contact

Monday, September 17, 2012

tackling your monogram obsession

i don't know about y'all, but everywhere i turn i see monograms! i am in no way complaining, but now that everyone is monogramming everything it's time to get creative! tumblr and pinterest are both filled with monogramed items so i wanted to share some of my favorite things i've seen with y'all! also, monogramming is pretty expensive, but decals on etsy can easily be found for less than $10! 
i recently discovered the etsy store monogramsandmore2 and am completely crushing on everything in the store! Karen, the shop owner, was sweet enough to send me a few of her products. i seriously can't tell you how much i love absolutely EVERYTHING! the quality is better than i've ever seen, the decals are super easy to apply, the prices are great, and there are tons of color choices. quadruple whammy!


here is how i decided to use my decals, and couldn't be happier with how they turned out! 


here's everything! can you say cute??

i love the way this monogram looks on my water bottle! its so simple, and so classy at the same time! and i have a habit of leaving my water bottles in class, so this will easily fix that problem! 

the little iphone monogram added the perfect touch to my lilly pencil pouch! its big enough to be seen, but still small enough to not take away from the lilly print! 

my new kindle case needed a preppy touch, and the monogram decal did the deed! 
i wasn't sure if the decal would stick on the leather (or faux leather?), but it seems to be sticking just fine, and i don't think that it will be coming off anytime soon! 


i've shown an iphone decal before, and as much as i liked that one, i do have to say i like this one so much better. it isn't too thick so i can easily press the home button, and i don't think that it will leave a sticky residue! 



it is required that everyone in my school owns one of these hefty calculators. sometimes when people forget theirs, i let them borrow mine and it is great to know that my initials are always on it so nobody can accidentally forget to return it to me! 

 if you need some more inspiration, here are some other things that you could monogram!

the lilly agenda : everyone and their mothers now owns one of these (and if you don't, no worries because you can still pimp whatever planner you have out!) so make sure that you don't get your lifeline confused with anyone else's! all you have to do it purchase a monogram decal from etsy and slap it on your planner and voila! you've got yourself a personalized, yet very cute, planner! 


hunter boots : this is a little bit more adventurous in the monograming world, but i think when done right monogramming your hunter boots can look super polished and still be fun! who wants to have boring boots when it's raining? i know i don't! 

laptop : i am allowed to take my computer to school, and a ton of people have the same computer! i have a shell on my laptop, but a ton of other people have the same color as i do so i needed to add something else to make sure no one else accidentally picks up my computer! when i add one to my laptop i'll either put it on the right hand corner near where the mouse pad is, or i'll put it on the front left or right hand corner! 

don't forget to check out the esty store where all of these great decals are from! 


are you liking the monogram trend? 
what's the coolest thing that you've seen monogrammed? 


thanks for reading! 
xox

12 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with all of these! Such a good idea to add one to your water bottle! #monogrammedobsessivesanonymous :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i seriously need to be in a monogram addict group at this point! but thank you!!
      xox

      Delete
  2. I love these! Maybe I'll do my hunter boots soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. I LOVE THESE!!!
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the monogram iPhone button! My big just got me one, but I haven't put mine on yet.

    Be sure to enter my Milo Paper Notebook Giveaway! I will announce the winner on Thursday :)
    http://apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com/2012/09/milo-paper-notebook-giveaway.html

    -Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's such a sweet gift!! i'll have t keep that in mind!
      xox

      Delete
  5. uh oh..I feel like I could get addicted to these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's way way too easy to get addicted!
      xox

      Delete
  6. so cute!! I love how you have put decals on everything (I need to monogram my calculator)!! I just monogrammed all of my desk accessories (cup for pens, stationery holder, etc)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collection of monogrammed stuff! You've inspired me to order the home button decals for my phone. It looks great on yours. I'm so happy I found your blog. I just followed you!

    xo,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete