home about popcosmo contact

Monday, September 24, 2012

oh deer!

ever since i was little i have been kind of "teach savvy".  i was the kid who would know what to do before the teacher even had a chance to explain where to begin in computer class. in eighth grade i designed the cover of my school's yearbook and did a few pages as well! i have always loved using Paint and Photoshop to create fun little things, but i never knew how to use the more advanced tools and how to make things look "professional"  so to speak. i've already taken the digital art course at my high school, and there isn't a second course so there was no a way for me to learn anything else at my high school school.
 honestly i don't know how it even became an option, but one day my mom and i were looking at the art classes that were offered through the college in my town. luckily for me, The Fundamentals of Digital Art was enrolling, and it was an online class so i didn't have to worry about me being sick (read this post if you want to learn more about my health issues!). i signed up for the class, and did my first assignment. lucky for me, another person and i were the only ones to complete the first assignment, so we got extra credit which is awesome! 

the second assignment was to choose an animal that we thought represented our personalities, and then to create it in adobe illustrator using the vector tool. i chose the deer because it's peaceful, kind, caring, and watches over others -- like me.
 here is what my deer turned out like :


then, from what we had already created, we had to make an asymmetrical piece of art using 50 or more different   "modes" of our original deer. 

here's what the asymmetrical piece turned out like:






 if you have a hobby or subject in school that you're really passionate about i totally recommend taking a course at your local college! it might seem kind of intimidating at first, but it's really not -- especially online classes! (you never have to get dressed or meet the other people in the class haha)

i would love to hear what y'all think of my work!! 
what animal would you have picked for yourself?
thanks for reading! 

xox

8 comments:

  1. So cool, love it! It looks great! I'm going to try to take a graphic design course next semester if it fits in my schedule...looks like a lot of fun :) enjoy your week!
    xo-ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! it really is a lot of fun, i hope you can take it next semester!!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! Oh how I wish I could be a techy..... :(
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! and i wish i could be arts&crafty, i'm loving your painting pumpkin tutorial!!

      Delete
  3. I love graphic design/digital art too! If i was an animal i'd probably be a seal or something...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to take an illustrator class - I know it has some awesome features that I don't even know how to begin discovering. I like your design - I would have picked a Tiger or an Owl. I have a tough time deciding which is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much awe for your tech talents!

    P.S. I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete