home about popcosmo contact

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

{anatomy of a thank-you note}



Hi everyone, I’m Julia from the blog Newport Jules guest posting for Chloe today!
Inspired by my birthplace of Newport Beach, California, and my current location in sunny Florida, I created Newport Jules for real girls who love all things monogrammed, organized, and adorable! I'm a senior in high school this year and a total prepster!

I always love getting a handwritten thank you note, especially after spending time and money choosing the perfect gift. I hope I’m not the only one who hates those generic “Thank you for the nice gift. I hope you had fun at my birthday party.” thank you notes! 

Even though it takes more time to write an individualized letter for every gift received, I try my best to write a personal note for significant gifts I receive (birthday, holidays, graduation, etc.). Plus, it’s an excuse to buy adorable stationary---monogrammed, please! 

So if you’re daunted by how to write that perfect thank-you note to your lovely grandma, here’s your guide---just keep it short, sweet, and specific. 




Here are my absolute favorite stationary sets that make writing thank-you’s fun.


Thanks for reading! Hope you stop by my blog, Newport Jules, for more!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I did a post on Sunday about thank you cards because this week is Thank You Card week. I bookmarked this post so I can keep it in mind for when I have to write thank you cards again!

    xo,
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely LOVING this post! I've pined it for future use, because I just know I'll definitely be referring back to it after my 18th this year!

    Amy xo
    archaize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! ironically I was writing a thank you note today and totally used this to remind me of some basics! thanks!

    ReplyDelete