home about popcosmo contact

Thursday, December 6, 2012

winter nail trends!

nail polish is one of the best accessories
- the fact that you don't have to take it off at night makes it all the better -
when the colder weather starts rolling in, we have to start covering up more and more, which means bracelets and necklaces go into hiding. 
but when the gloves come off we need something to show off so nail polish is the definite solution.

i've compiled a set of six nail polishes that i think are going to be popular this winter 



1. essie's beyond cozy : i have this shade on my nails right now, and it is one of my all time favorite colors. i promised myself that i wouldn't buy any more nail polish, but i will definitely be buying this color soon! it's the perfect blend of silver and gold which is super festive and girly. also, i always chip my nails within one or two days of getting a manicure but this has lasted a week without chipping! 

2. Butter London's Gobsmacked : Glitter is obviously always a trend around the holiday season so why not mix it in with black. It's a super subtle way to stay on trend. And the black goes with everything! Love it! 

3. Deborah Lippman's Modern Love : Nude's are always in style, but this winter they are going to be all the rage. I like this shade because it had a kind of pinky/salmony under shade. Super cute! 

4. OPI's Live and Let Die :  Again, this is a glitter color but it's very understated because it's a darker color. I like how it has a blueish green tint to it! It's kind of winter-y mermaid-ish.

5. Essie's She's Pampered : I love this color! Reds are a huge holiday color, and I personally think this is the perfect shade. I like dark reds, but sometimes they can look a little grandma-ish. This brighter shade is very cute and also very sophisticated. Plus, you can wear it during the summer too.


6. Butter London's Dodgy Barnett : I love this color! It's very winter-esque because it's grey with blue undertones which reminds me of snowflakes! It's also apparently "holographic" so if you're into that sort of thing, then go snatch this shade up! 




What's your favorite winter nail polish/color?
Do you have any of the polishes mentioned above?


Thanks for reading! 
xox

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with Beyond Cozy too! I'm not really into the dark nail colors- I like having summer hot pinks and oranges on a little better:) I am wanting to try a hunter green or a navy though!
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete