home about popcosmo contact

Sunday, July 8, 2012

booklists, ootds, and manicures. OH MY!

i guess you could say that my school is weird, because each student gets to pick their own three (or more) books to do summer reading on and then all you have to do is answer a few questions about the book (each answer has to be at least 200 words). unlike most schools, where you have a long list of long boring books to choose from. honestly, i'm glad i get to pick my own books. i've mentioned this before, but when i am told that i have to read a book i end up either not really focusing when i read it or just don't read it at all.
anyways, yesterday i went to the bookstore to pick up my books. i have been wanting to read the great gatsby for a while now so that was number one on my list. number two was fifth ave. 5am,  but unfortunately the bookstore didn't have it in stock. i'm definitely going to read it sometime this summer though because i've heard such great things about it, and i'm in love with anything audrey hepburn. next, i picked up divergent. honestly i have no idea what this book is about, but i've heard it was good and my mom wants to read it also. lastly i picked up the hate list.  i have never heard anything about this, but it's so good. i bought it yesterday and i'm already on page 175. granted i'm a fast reader, but right when i got home from the bookstore i started reading it and since then i have been unable to put it down! ugh i love good books, but i hate when they end! i'm pretty sure that's nerd status right there;)
i'll definitely be doing a mini book review of these three books, and maybe i'll just share the questions i answer for my school's summer reading requirement!


and since i've been a pretty horrible blogger this week, i'll leave y'all with some outfit of the day pictures, because i know how much i love seeing other people's!
don't y'all like the head tilt?!
from left to right
dress-jcrew shoes-jack rogers bracelet-forever21
top-hanes (tie dyed myself) shorts-nikes
top-urban outfitters shorts-j.crew shoes-jack rogers
top- boutique in nyc shorts-my mom's closet shoes-jack rogers


i almost forgot to mention this, but i got my nails done at the salon last week! i usually go about once every two or three months, and i absolutely LOVE going!
 except this time i got an evil lady. well kind of. while she was taking off my nail polish. 
correction. glitter nail polish.
she took off a ton of skin on my middle finger, because she was rubbing so hard. i literally starting bleeding. 
just my luck. 
but it's ok, because my manicure turned out well! 
unhurt hand
pink polish = knockout pout
greenish polish = absolutely shore 


hurt hand/finger
see, i wasn't exaggerating! 
i don't think..



what's your favorite summer nail polish color?
what's on your summer reading list?

thanks for reading!! 
xox




4 comments:

  1. Divergent is amazing! I just finished reading the 2nd in the series (Insurgent) and can't wait for the third. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read divergent - its next on my summer reading list :) I read the Great Gatsby earlier this year and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been busy this summer! You definitely have to read the Great Gatsby...it's such a classic, and the movie is coming out at the end of the year. Love the two Essie's...the combination of pink and green is perfect.

    I'm your newest follower! Your blog is so cute. Come check my blog out at preppypremed.blogspot.com :) Thanks!

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving mint green and pastels this summer, on my reading list is Gone with the wind. I've already read this but it's one of my favourite books, i cant tell you how amazing it is.
    I just followed you, if you have the time, could you check out my blog, I'm just starting out :)
    http://thenovemberedition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete